Mini Dental Implants in Syracuse, NY
Loss of permanent teeth may be more common than you think. Studies show that among adults ages 20-64, only 48% had a full set of teeth. Although common, missing teeth can wreak havoc on your quality of life. Tooth loss makes chewing more challenging, affecting your ability to eat a balanced diet. It can also create a misaligned bite and increase your risk of developing cavities. Losing even one tooth also prompts bone loss, leading to changes in your bone structure that may impact your appearance. All of these factors contribute to lower self-esteem and well-being. If you are struggling with the effects of tooth loss, we have solutions. At our practice, Dr. Bradford uses mini dental implants to replace missing teeth.
What Are Mini Dental Implants?
Mini dental implants are a type of dental implant used to replace missing teeth. Whether you have lost one tooth, several teeth, or all of your teeth, mini implants can restore your smile. While they share the same purpose as conventional dental implants, mini implants are constructed differently. The implant resembles a screw with a ball joint on top. This post is less than 3 millimeters wide, or about the diameter of a toothpick.
A traditional implant, on the other hand, has an average diameter of 5 mm. It includes multiple components that have to be placed in stages: first, the screw is implanted. Then, once the bone has fully healed over several months, the connector piece and artificial tooth are connected.
The narrow, single-piece design of a mini implant allows for a one-stage placement, significantly reducing the overall procedure timeline.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Mini implants are a revolutionary approach to tooth replacement backed by decades of research, case studies, and success stories. If you have experienced tooth loss and are wondering if mini implants are right for you, start by considering the following questions:
- Would you like to secure a loose denture?
- Have you suffered bone loss? Were you previously deemed ineligible for conventional implants?
- Do you experience anxiety related to complex dental procedures?
- Do you want to avoid bone grafting?
- Are you looking for a quick and convenient tooth replacement option?
- Do you prefer an affordable treatment with long-lasting outcomes?
If any of the questions above ring true, mini dental implants may be an ideal tooth replacement solution. Because of their minimally invasive nature and expedited procedure, they are especially valuable for those with dental anxiety and those concerned about extended recovery periods. Also, their small size allows them to fit into narrow spaces in the jaw. Mini implants turn implant solutions into a reality for many individuals who have encountered bone loss.
While most people are eligible for mini dental implants, Dr. Bradford will evaluate your specific situation and design an appropriate treatment plan at your free consultation.
Key Features of Mini Implants
Representing an innovation in implant technology, mini dental implants offer numerous benefits for patients due to their distinctive key features.
- Reduced treatment timeline: Thanks to their small size, bone grafting is rarely needed for mini implants, eliminating a significant step commonly needed for conventional dental implants. Unlike large conventional implants that require multiple procedural steps, mini dental implants are placed in just one visit.
- Minimally invasive procedure: The slim design of mini implants means that Dr. Bradford can insert them without making incisions. The minimally invasive placement translates to quicker healing and reduced discomfort.
- Immediate strength: Due to their size, conventional dental implants must integrate fully with the jawbone before they are stable enough to support a restoration. Mini implants, on the other hand, are immediately stable. This is because of the implant’s size and construction: a coating on the implant’s surface helps it integrate into the jawbone much faster.
- Safe and effective: Mini dental implants are made from a titanium alloy, the same material surgeons use to replace knees and hips. The implants we use are also FDA-approved and time-tested. We have used them to treat many patients and have seen an incredible success rate of 97%.
- Low risk of bacteria buildup: The multi-piece design of conventional implants creates a joint where bacteria can gather. Bacteria buildup can lead to peri-implantitis, a condition characterized by gum inflammation and bone loss surrounding the implant. Because mini implants are just one piece, there is a lower risk of bacteria accumulation.
The Mini Implant Procedure
The procedure for mini dental implants is remarkably efficient and includes a free consultation, implant placement, restoration attachment, and aftercare.
Free Implant Consultation
Our practice offers free, no-obligation consultations to help you make informed decisions about your dental care.
Dr. Bradford’s consultations are comprehensive and patient-focused, providing a personalized approach that is responsive to your needs. He will start by discussing your concerns and assessing your oral health.
The consultation includes a free exam and CBCT scan that generates a 3D image of your jawbone. This imagining helps Dr. Bradford determine if mini implants are right for you and assists in treatment planning.
Dr. Bradford ensures patients feel comfortable and well-informed by discussing treatment options, addressing questions, and collaborating on a tailored treatment plan.
After determining the number of implants you need and planning the precise location for placement, Dr. Bradford will install your implants.
The minimally invasive procedure is gentle, requiring no incisions into the gum tissue. After applying a local anesthetic, Dr. Bradford will make a small pilot hole and then immediately secure the implant. After the implants are inserted, Dr. Bradford can attach your temporary crown, bridge, or denture.
Placing implants can be done in minutes, though your visit will also include careful planning and ensuring the restoration fits perfectly. While an appointment for an implant-supported crown may last only 30 minutes, a full mouth of implants can take approximately an hour and a half. Still, this procedure length drastically reduces the chair time compared to conventional implant placement.
Your custom restoration is meticulously crafted in a dental laboratory. During this time, which takes about three weeks, you are healing as the gum tissue tightens around the implant. The healing time is much quicker than a conventional implant, which can take six months to over a year.
While wearing the temporary restoration, Dr. Bradford recommends avoiding hard and sticky foods so that the implant has time to stabilize. When your final restoration is completed, Dr. Bradford will remove the temporary teeth and connect your new ones to the implants.
Recovery and Aftercare
Once your final restoration is in place, there are no food restrictions. You can enjoy all your favorite foods, from apples and nuts to steak and corn-on-the-cob. With implant-supported restorations, your mouth will function just like it did before you lost your teeth.
Caring for mini dental implants is also the same as caring for natural teeth. Brush and flush around the implants, and be sure to maintain regular six-month check-ups with Dr. Bradford. With proper care, mini implants will last for many years.
Flexible Financing Options
Patients often ask if mini dental implants are covered by dental insurance. All insurances are different. While many plans do not cover implants, yours might. Even if your plan doesn’t cover implants, it may cover the restoration. As part of your free consultation, we will perform a free evaluation of your insurance benefits so that you know what to expect.
We will also explain the flexible financing options we provide through outside financing firms. Some of these companies offer 0% introductory rates, while others offer long-term lending terms to help you spread out your payments. At your consultation, we will help you make decisions that are best for your oral health and financial well-being.
Replace Your Teeth With Mini Dental Implants
Dr. Brent Bradford is an experienced dentist who has been committed to delivering high-quality care for over 25 years. His expertise extends to mini dental implants, having received specialized training from world-renowned trainer Dr. Todd Shatkin. Dr. Bradford has been skillfully placing mini implants since 2006. Since then, he has witnessed the transformative impact of this implant technology.
As the proprietor of a Mini Dental Implant Center of America, Dr. Bradford’s practice reflects his commitment to excellence in implant dentistry. If you want to learn more about mini dental implants, contact us today to schedule your complimentary consultation.
- What is a Dental Implant?
- What is a Mini Dental Implant?
- What Issues Can Dental Implants Correct?
- What If I’m Missing a Single Tooth?
- What If I’m Missing Multiple Teeth?
- Conventional Implants vs Mini Dental Implants
- What If I Don’t Have Enough Bone for a Conventional Implant?
- Is Bone Grafting Required for a Mini Dental Implant?
- How Long Is the Mini Dental Implant Procedure?
- Who is a Candidate for a Mini Dental Implant?
- The Mini Dental Implant Process
- Mini Dental Implant Healing Period
- What Can I Eat After Implant Surgery?
- Are Mini Dental Implants Painful?
- Can Dental Implants Replace All of My Teeth?
- Are Dental Implants Safe?
- How Long Do Mini Dental Implants Last?
- How Much Do Mini Dental implants Cost?
- Are Dental Implants Covered By Insurance?
- Do You Offer Financing for Dental Implants?