Mini Dental Implant Healing Period
In the following video, Brent Bradford, DDS, explains the amount of time it typically takes for a patient to heal after their mini dental implant procedure.
The healing process after receiving a mini dental implant is relatively quick, generally taking about 21 days. This time allows for your gum tissue to recover from the minor procedure in which a small hole is created to position the implant securely in the bone.
As your gums heal, our team works on fabricating the final restoration — be it a single crown or a multi-unit bridge — to ensure that it will be ready to attach to the implant once the area has healed.
This short healing span is a notable advantage over conventional implants, which require a much longer period — typically six to nine months, and sometimes more — before the restoration can be completed.
If you’re considering mini dental implants as a solution for missing teeth, we encourage you to contact us. By setting up a CT scan and consultation, we can offer you a comprehensive overview of your treatment options tailored specifically to your dental needs.
- What is a Dental Implant?
- What is a Mini Dental Implant?
- What Issues Can Dental Implants Correct?
- What If I’m Missing a Single Tooth?
- What If I’m Missing Multiple Teeth?
- Conventional Implants vs Mini Dental Implants
- What If I Don’t Have Enough Bone for a Conventional Implant?
- Is Bone Grafting Required for a Mini Dental Implant?
- How Long Is the Mini Dental Implant Procedure?
- Who is a Candidate for a Mini Dental Implant?
- The Mini Dental Implant Process