What Is an Implant Denture?
In the following video, Brent Bradford, DDS, explains the superior alternative to traditional artificial teeth known as implant-retained dentures.
An implant denture differs significantly from a conventional denture. Traditional dentures rely on mouth moisture or saliva to stay in place, often covering a substantial amount of oral tissue, including taste buds on the roof of your mouth. In contrast, an implant-retained denture, as the name suggests, uses dental implants to secure the denture.
How Does An Implant Denture Work?
Take the lower denture, for example. We embed four mini implants directly into the jawbone. The denture itself has a special housing with a rubber O-ring. This design allows the denture to snap securely onto the implants, ensuring it remains stable on the lower jaw.
What About the Upper Denture?
The process is similar for the upper denture. However, we typically use six implants for added stability. We also remove the palate section of the denture, enhancing comfort and taste sensation. These implants act like tooth roots, offering a firm hold for the denture.
Why Choose Implant Dentures?
Implant dentures offer numerous benefits, including enhanced stability, improved comfort, and a more natural feel compared to conventional dentures. They allow for better chewing efficiency and do not restrict taste.
Ready to Explore Your Options?
If you’re considering implant dentures, we’re here to help. Schedule a free consultation with Dr. Brent Bradford to discuss your specific needs and explore how implant dentures can transform your smile and quality of life. Contact us today to learn more.
- What If I Have a Loose Denture?
- What Denture Options Do You Offer?
- Can Mini Dental Implants Stabilize My Denture?
- What Is a Partial Denture?
- Can My Denture Be Made Into an Implant-Retained Denture?
- What Is a Denture Reline?
- How Many Implants Are Required to Stabilize My Denture?
- Will Implant Dentures Affect My Ability to Eat or Speak?
- Who Is a Candidate for an Implant-Supported Denture?
- Benefits of an Implant-Retained Denture
- The Implant-Retained Denture Process
- How Long Is the Implant Denture Process?
- How Do I Care For My Implant Dentures?
- Does Getting an Implant Denture Hurt?
- How Much Do Implant Dentures Cost?
- Does Insurance Cover Implant Dentures?
- Financing for Implant Dentures